Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Sometimes There is a Story Behind the Painting

cowboy
This is a painting I completed when I was pregnant with my first son, David.  I tend to move at warp speed so pregnancy always slowed me down.  I think I have a painting for each of my children.  So for those of you who are Moms expecting a child embrace the challenges of pregnancy.  Right now it is overwhelming and you may not have the energy to accomplish all your goals.  It was very difficult for me to slow down.  I did not embrace the challenges.  I was very frustrated and often discouraged but now I have seven beautiful children and seven paintings to go with the children!

My grandfather, Dewey Mack Cason, lived to be 92 years old. He was born in the year 1900 in Coleman County in Texas. We called him “Granddad” but he was known as “Red”. As a six year old boy he memorized poems and stories and since this was pre TV he became the entertainment at family gatherings. Young Dewey would recite Shakespeare. At 92 he would forget your name but was able to recite his “poems”. He was the ultimate story teller he had a story for every occasion.
Granddad lived in a time when Texas was wild and often lawless. He saw a man shot on a bridge when he was under 8 years old, it was a different era, a different time. This painting is my Granddad at 90 years old, there were no pictures of him as a young boy but I think he might have looked like this young boy. A boy who told stories and dreamed of faraway places while living in a difficult time that grew into a man who was loved by everyone who knew him, a man that knew how to tell a story!
http://shara-wright.artistwebsites.com/blogs/sometimes-there-is-a-story-behind-the-painting.html

No comments: